It’s How We Grow Bigger Yet Smaller At The Same Time
Small Groups create an environment apart from our normal Sunday and Wednesday Church services where people can meet together in smaller groups to grow spiritually, establish close relationships with other believers, have accountability, fellowship, pray together and just plain “share life together.” In addition to learning God’s word, it is a vital way to become more grounded in Christ and the Word of God as well as to grow in fellowship with other believers.
Is there a Small Group for me?
We have various small groups to meet the needs of our people:
- Men and Women
- Singles, Couples or Mixed Groups
- Young adult
- Senior adult
- Groups which include childcare and children
Where and when do these groups meet?
Many of our Small Groups are “Home Groups” which are led and hosted in the homes of our members. Some of our groups meet here on the CCNN Campus during the week, weekends and evenings.
Normally groups meet throughout the week with the exception of Tuesday (Church Prayer) and Wednesday (Service) evenings, so as not to take members away from normally scheduled church events.
How do I get “Plugged-In” to a Small Group?
If you desire to lead or host a Small Group you will be required to fill out an application and return to Pastor Kevin Stiff.
Ongoing Small Groups
- Men’s Saturday Morning Study: 8:00-10:00am in the West Auditorium
- Women’s Tuesday Morning Study: 10:00am -12:00pm in the Student Ministries Building
- Women’s Military Ministry, Sermon Based Small Group Leader: Jennifer Stubbs, Location: Panera Bread, 12531 Jefferson Ave. Newport News, VA Time: Every Tuesday 7:00 – 8:15 pm Childcare: Children are welcomed Opening: Unlimited
- REFUGE for Young Adults every Saturday at 9am in the Student Ministries Building
- GLOW (Godly Ladies of the Word) Women 50 and older meet the fourth Saturday of every month 10:00am-12:00pm in the Student Ministries Building
- Military Ministries
Small Group Needs
- We are looking for Small Group Leaders and Hosts for Hampton, Yorktown and Portsmouth areas.
- Are you interested in leading a special group such as: Mentoring, Sports & Health, etc.? If you feel the Lord leading and the need exists then please let us know
Current Home Small Groups