Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of online giving?
- Faithfully Honoring God – When you sign up to give online you are deciding in advance to faithfully give. God always blesses that kind of faith! The Bible teaches that we are to honor God with the “Firstfruits” of our labor (Proverbs 3:9). By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you can ensure that your Firstfruits are faithfully given back to God.
- Simplicity – You will not have to remember whether you gave this month or send in an offering by mail when you are on a trip.
- Security – We utilize an encrypted, secure website for your online records. Online giving is more secure than giving with a check or cash because an electronic gift cannot be lost or stolen.
- Focus – Instead of having to worry about writing a check and filling out an envelope during the service, you are focused on the worship service, knowing that you have already given your offering.
- Cost-Effective – Online giving is more cost-effective for our church to process, and it makes our record-keeping much easier.
What is a Tithe?
The word “tithe” is derived from the Hebrew word ma’aser; and it literally means a tenth. Ten percent of everything belongs to the Lord.
On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper…. 1 Cor. 16:2
Just as you excel in everything else… in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness… see that you also excel in the grace of giving. 2 Cor. 8:7
Why should I Tithe?
- Because God commands it. A tenth of all you produce is the LORD’s, and it is holy. ~ Lev. 27:30
- Because Jesus commended it. Yes, you should tithe, and you shouldn’t leave the more important things undone either. ~ Matt. 23:23
- Tithing demonstrates that God is 1st place in my life. And you shall eat before the LORD your God, in the place where He chooses to make His name abide, the tithe of your grain and your new wine and your oil, of the firstborn of your herds and your flocks, that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.. ~ Deut. 14:23
- Tithing reminds me that everything I have was given to me by God! And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth,…. ~ Deut. 8:18
- Tithing expresses my love to the Lord. God says that refusing to tithe is stealing from Him! How can I repay the Lord for all His goodness to me? ~ Ps. 116:12
- God says… Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing Me!’ But you ask, ‘How do we rob You?’ God says ‘In tithes and offerings … Bring your whole tithe to My house.’ ~ Mal. 3:8-10
- Tithing gives God a chance to prove that He exists and wants to bless you! This is the only place in Scripture where God tells us to put Him to the test. In other words, He’s saying, “Go ahead. I dare you. See if you can out-give Me.” Bring your whole tithe to My storehouse. Test Me in this says the LORD, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you won’t have room enough for it! I will prevent pests from devouring your crops and the vines in your fields will be protected from plagues. ~ Mal. 3:10.
What should I Tithe?
The first part of what I earn, not the leftovers.
Honor the LORD with your possessions, And with the firstfruits of all your increase; So your barns will be filled with plenty, And your vats will overflow with new wine.” ~ Prov. 3:9-10
Where should I give my Tithe?
Where I worship as my church home
Bring your whole tithe to My Storehouse (Temple) … ~ Mal. 3:10